Tuesday, January 03, 2006

One More Day

Today's post will be brief (I hope) because of all of the myriad of tasks on my plate today to prepare for our trip to Birmingham. Just a short while ago, several women from the church were here praying for our family, the doctors, and the nurses. Three other women that were unable to come to the house also let me know that they would be praying at the same time. We've received a number of calls and emails in the past few days, and I can't even begin to guess how many prayer lists Sarah Kate is on right now. Scott's dear friend, Kevin, called on Monday night and told us that his wife, Paula, had hardly slept the night before and spent most of the night praying for us. It is so humbling to have that kind of caring directed toward me and my family.

We found out last night that we will be able to get into the apartment tomorrow! I'm so grateful, although it will be nearly impossible for me to make myself leave the hospital, even for just a little while. We are so thankful to have a place to stay - the Lord has provided!

And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. - James 5:15

No comments:

Post a Comment